Since 2011, Philadelphia Firearms Training, has grown by leaps and bounds, training hundreds students of all levels of experience and walks of life, from across Philadelphia, New Jersey, New York and Delaware.
At the Academy we specialize in new shooters, those who want to improve their fundamental shooting skills and those interested in obtaining their Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms (AKA Concealed Carry Permits). Many are understandably fearful of navigating firearms ownership and the process of obtaining their PA Licenses to Carry. We UNDERSTAND how anxiety provoking the first time purchase and owning firearm can be.
The educators at Philly Firearms Academy realize that there isn't a "one size fits all" approach to teaching firearms and pride themselves on treating every student as an individual learner with specific needs and approaches to learning.
This customized approach to teaching produces incredible results in very little time while ensuring the highest levels of safety.
We know how confusing the process of applying for a PA License to Carry Firearms can be and all of the questions, doubts and concerns that come with the huge responsibility of considering legally carrying a firearm for personal defense.
We realize how little valuable information exists to guide new shooters and know how difficult and frustrating the process of attempting to find quality firearms instruction can be, and we are here to help!. We are here to educate and guide you through every step of the process.
Veteran owned and operated
The Academy is the brainchild of US Army Veteran, Master Firearms Instructor José Morales. Instructor Morales officially established Philly Firearms Academy (PFA) in 2010 after teaching firearm safety and handling in a number of capacities for over 20 years. Realizing that the "City of Brotherly Love" needed a hometown resource that specializing in educating and guiding its firearms owners. Since its inception, PFA has trained and guided thousands - from those new to the process of purchasing their fist gun to long time gun owners, military and law enforcement professionals and everyone in between.
PFA operates under the guiding beliefs that along with the right of owning a firearm comes the moral, legal and ethical RESPONSIBILITY of knowing how to properly handle and maintain that firearm. That quality training is the cornerstone of firearms proficiency and that these skills can be promoted in a safe, enjoyable, and relaxed atmosphere.
One of Philadelphia's most respected firearms instructors, Mr. Morales is recognized for his passion to empower through education and dynamic teaching style. An educator first and foremost that "just happens to specialize in firearms instruction", he is one of a handful of instructors from across the country selected to consult on the application alternate technologies for firearms training.
Certifications and areas of expertise
- USCCA Certified Concealed Carry and Home Defense Instructor
- NRA Certified Training Counselor (All disciplines)
- NRA Certified Instructor (All disciplines)
- Chief Range Safety Officer
- Certified Concealed Carry Weapons Instructor
- Advanced Certified Pistol Instructor
- Certified Practical Pistol Coach
- Certified Home Firearm Safety Instructor
- Certified Rifle Instructor
- Certified Shotgun Instructor
- Certified Personal Protection In The Home Instructor
- Certified Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor
- Certified Muzzleloading Instructor
- Certified CO-OP Muzzleloading Rifle Instructor
- Certified Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
- Certified Shotgun Shell Reloading Instructor
- Certified Refuse To Be A Victim Instructor and Regional Counselor
- Utah Bureau of Criminal Investigation Certified Firearms Instructor
- Massad Ayoob Group, Certified Use of Lethal Force Instructor
- Glock Firearms Certified Armorer